Welcome to our new series, dedicated to introducing you to the entire team at hackajob.
This week, we’re hearing from George Carter from our sales team. One of our Senior Account Executives, George loves nothing more than chatting with our customers. In his spare time, George can be found reading a good book, exploring new places or on a wine tasting course with his wife.
It’s the best tool in the tech recruitment space. We also have a brilliant CEO with a real ‘anything can be done’ attitude and that just makes working here great.
Tell us about your day-to-day:
Prospecting, prospecting, prospecting… My job is to ensure that everyone knows just how great an opportunity working with hackajob is for them! This means making sure that our customers are getting the absolute best service, as well as the right deal for them so they can have absolute confidence in our value proposition and their return on investment (ROI).
What’s your favourite hackajob feature?
I’d say that my favourite feature has to be Source. It combines all our hard work on the back end into a clean UI for the best customer experience possible AND our customers get access to the UK’s most engaged talent pool. It’s truly a win-win.
I also really like DualCode, which is our brand new remote pair-programming tool. We launched it at the beginning of April this year, just after the UK’s lockdown, and the response has been astonishing; it’s really popular. I’m excited to see where we go with it.
What’s the one thing you’re excited for this year at hackajob?
We are the go-to product for tech recruitment and it is so exciting. This means that we are really taking off and anything can happen from a company perspective; new colleagues, new products, new ideas, new partnerships. There’s a huge amount going on and it’s great to see how we are flourishing as a business.
If you could give someone looking to work in sales one piece of advice, what would it be?
Everyone in the sales team knows I am a massive advocate of Chris Voss and that he’s a great resource for learning what sales is really about; I highly recommend looking him up. Failing that, just getting people to adhere to the 25/75 rule - that is, you talk 25% of the time, let the prospect or customer speak for the other 75%. Do that and you’ll begin to learn what it is you need to do.